Our client creates luxury bath and body products that put the focus back on the powerful benefits of natural ingredients, and they have asked Veblen to recruit a Head of Product Development to join their team. This fantastic role involves delivering significant commercial impact as well as accelerating the brand position on a global scale.
- Managing the 3 year rolling pipeline from concept through to launch
- Creating monthly reports on total category and product performance, tracking results against KPIs
- Overseeing team building for the Product Development and Compliance teams
- Maintaining knowledge of market insights, global trends and utilising information when developing the product pipeline
- Frequently reviewing existing category/product performance and finding opportunities to improve
- Overseeing and evaluating suppliers to drive insight, innovation and best possible costs
- Managing the research and development for all new and existing products
- Liaising with the Demand Planning and Commercial teams to develop forecasts for new product launches
- A strong background in NPD, ideally in essential oils and a mix of large and SME style companies
- Previous experience within the cosmetics or fragrance industry
- Strong technical, research and formulation development skills
- Global experience, a good understanding of EU and US regulations
- Able to develop products and ranges with the story in mind, an ability to work closely with marketing
- Excellent communication skills
- Possesses strong commercial acumen
- Self-starter with an enthusiastic approach
- Highly resourceful, organised and ambitious
The location that the role will be in is open, the employer will consider candidates from both the North and South of the UK.
As part of the application process, we will store your details on our database. Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. Successful applicants will be contacted by the relevant consultant. If you haven’t heard from us within 2 weeks, then unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful at this time, but please do continue to check our website for other suitable opportunities.